The List Of Our 5 Best Short Throw Projectors
One of a projector’s essential characteristics and a crucial method to classify it is thrown, or the distance between the projector and the screen. Throws can be categorized as long, regular, short, or super short, along with the lenses that decide the throw.
Projectors that are otherwise identical may have quite varying capabilities due to variations in the throw. This sort of throw is typically seen from projectors positioned on the wall or the ceiling closer to the wall — wherever the picture will be projected — since it provides huge images while eliminating shadows and eye glare. The term “short-throw projection” often refers to a projection distance of 3 to 8 feet between the projector and the screen. We have compiled a list of the best short throw projectors in the market!
Uses of a short throw projector
- A conventional projector may be quite difficult to set up in a space with as many people, lights, and other furnishings as a living room. The projector will often need to be placed towards the center of the room, where you or your popcorn and pizza are also likely to want to be, a few meters from your screen or wall. Projectors produce heat and cooling fan noise as well, which is considerably more difficult to ignore if the projector is directly next to you.
- In contrast, UST projectors may often be positioned so near to a living room wall that they are virtually touching it. They may be positioned on a sideboard away from the main seating area of the living room, where their loudness and heat won’t be nearly as annoying.
- The effect of a projector’s visuals can also be “diluted” by ambient light to a greater extent the farther it is from your screen. Therefore, if you’re attempting to create a pleasant image in a typical (quite likely not blacked-out) living environment, it makes sense to minimize throw distance as much as feasible.
- Naturally, ambient light had an effect on UST projectors in both conference rooms and classrooms back then. Because of this, UST projectors have a long history of being linked with high brightness levels, further enhancing their suitability for living rooms compared to more conventional projector methods.
- UST projectors have used laser light sources over less bright bulb alternatives more frequently than the rest of the projector industry due to this quest for brightness.
Factors to consider while selecting the best short throw projector
- Resolved image size: The number of pixels a projector can display is essentially its resolution. The projector’s ability to display greater information with a higher resolution is crucial for displaying tiny details in items like text documents or spreadsheet data. Consider the size of the room you’ll be utilizing the projector in, as well as the distance between the projector and the screen or wall, when selecting a short-throw projector.
- Lamp radiance: When utilizing a projector in a room with a lot of ambient light, a projector with a greater lumen rating can generate a brighter image. Lumens are a measure of brightness, and a projector’s brightness will determine how easy it is to view in a well-lit environment. Nowadays’ intelligent short-throw projectors are brighter than older commercial projectors, which need a dark environment to show a usable image.
- The ratio of throws: The throw ratio is calculated by dividing the distance between the projector and the wall or screen by the image’s width. You can place the projector nearer the screen or wall if the throw ratio is smaller. Standard projectors have a throw ratio of 2 or more, whereas short-throw projectors have a throw ratio of less than 1.5.
- Easy to use: Check to see if the short-throw projector is simple to set up and use. The finest models will be plug-and-play, so there won’t be any confusing settings for you to mess with.
- Connection possibilities: You may connect short-throw projectors to laptops, PCs, and other devices by using their HDMI connections, VGA inputs, and USB inputs. Before you buy a projector, make careful to verify the inputs and connectivity choices. Some additionally include speakers that might be advantageous for presentations.
1. ViewSonic PG706HD 1080p Short Throw Home Projector
Full HD (1920x1080p), immersive theater-like experience on a screen up to 300 inches. Remotely manageable via a computer. I.T. Through a LAN IP, staff, may operate up to 250 projectors at once and manage activities like scheduling.
- Images that Shine in Any Environment
- Incredible Color Accuracy
- Lamp Life of Up to 20,000 Hours
- Decreased input lag
- Dual HDMI Inputs Ready for 3D Blu-ray
- RJ45 connection built-in for simple LAN control
- Not HD
- Light spillage
Using Exclusive Color technology, stunning images may be produced in almost any environment. This projector’s short throw lens enables you to position it inches from a wall or screen and yet receive a massive image. This projector is perfect for intense, action-packed gaming since it provides smooth pictures immediately. The ViewSonic PG706HD 1080p projector offers an elegant white chassis, 4,000 lumens, a Full HD 1920×1080 native resolution, and a simple, user-friendly design. Exclusive SuperColor technology provides a broad color range for the creation of attractive images in almost any setting.
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Display Resolution Maximum||1920×1080 Pixels|
2. Mijia Mi Laser 150 Ultra-Short Throw Projector
It has a lamp life of more than 25000 hours and a brightness of 5000 lumens. With the help of Appotronics ALPD 3.0 laser light source technology, lamps may last for up to 25,000 hours, which is more than 10,000 movie hours (every 2 hours in length). The natural contrast of the Mi Laser Projector is 3000:1, which is equivalent to that of conventional movie theaters. Colors are vibrant and dazzling when red light ratios are as high as 16–18%. High-quality speakers with two full-range and two high-frequency drivers.
- Appotronics’ ALPD 3.0 laser light source technology
- Premium speakers and high-quality lasers
- Capable of projecting a show up to 150 inches in size
- Provide a natural contrast ratio of 3000:1
- Maximum source brightness of 5000 lumens.
- Cannot add apps
- Cannot be used with Bluetooth
It has a distinctive inverted sound tube design with DOLBY, and DTS dual decoding, allowing you to enjoy a theater-quality audio-visual experience at home. It is a native 1080P Ultra-short projector and a large home theater screen. This is the first ultra-short projector in the world to use advanced laser display (ALPD) technology. It can display images up to 150 inches long, and 50 cm wide in full HD resolution, and its lifespan is up to 25,000 hours.
The high-tech device employs a tiny, minimalist “box” design language to meet user-friendly design goals and carefully maintains the host and Bluetooth remote control design style uniformity. Control the host from any location in the room, and the voice assistant will identify programs and other interactive features to provide the user with a fresh movie-viewing experience.
|Connector Type||Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB, Ethernet, HDMI|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Display Resolution Maximum||1080p Full HD|
|Mounting Type||table mount|
3. BenQ TH690ST 4LED Short Throw Gaming Projector
Beautiful movie industrial color (98% Rec.709), 1080p HDR capability, and 4K compatibility. Short-throw projectors with LED light sources offer 100″ of immersive gaming within 4.9 feet. In game mode, the frame rate is reduced to a quick 4ms ([email protected]) or 16ms ([email protected]) for fluid gaming. Huge, bright, crisp visuals and equalized audio are available and compatible with most systems (Sony PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One X, as well as Google Stadia).
- Larger-than-life Vibrant Images
- Vibrant Colors
- Exclusive Game Modes
- Stereophonic sound
- Sound distorted at high volume
You have the ability to adjust the pictures in the Game Mode for optimum visibility in either a bright or dark area. Epic games will up the enjoyment level at your gathering. The TH690ST accomplishes all of this while delivering superb 1080p HDR image quality, great DCI-P3 color performance, little input latency, and 2300 lumens of 4LED long life. All you have to do to experience never-ending, fluid, and immersive action in your game corner is to hop into AAA games with your friends.
|Special Feature||Speakers, Short Throw, 3d-Ready|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Display Resolution Maximum||1920 x 1080 Pixels|
4. Dkian T7 uc46 Short Throw Smart Projector HD
The Projection distance is 1-4M. The installation method used is front projection, rear projection, lifting, and desktop. The screen ratio is 16:9/4:3 and is adjustable. The focusing method used is manual. The color saturation is 16.7 million. The lamp’s life is 30000 hours. The lens size is 4.3 inches. The LCD Lumens are 3800 L. the contrast ratio of this projector is 1000:1. The native resolution is 1280 x 720. The maximum supported resolution of this projector is 1920P. The diagonal screen size is 40-200 inches.
- Projector with a rather small throw.
- The 140-inch picture projected at a distance of 4 meters
- 1280 x 720 native resolution
- Wi-Fi Miracast functionality built-in for wireless display
- Very bright (3800 lumens)
- Enhanced stability thanks to dual cooling technologies
- Low picture quality
The projector has a built-in Youtube Power of 70W. It has a Built-in speaker of 5W*1 (independent sound cavity). The movie and audio formats supported are MP4, AVI, MKV, LFV, MOV, MPG, VOB, RMVB, and 3GP. The audio format supported are MP3, WMA, ASF, OGG, AAC, and WAV. The photo and document formats supported are JPEG, BMP, and PNG. The power supply of this projector is AC 100V-240V. The product size is designed for silent heat dissipation that effectively dissipates heat while producing still-extremely-low noise. A greater visual experience and extremely high-cost performance are provided by the same volume 720P HD resolution and double the brightness. You have an immersive visual experience thanks to the modified internal motherboard.
|Connector Type||Wi-Fi, USB, HDMI|
|Screen Resolution||1280 x 720|
|Display Resolution Maximum||1080p Full HD Pixels|
5. XGIMI Aura 4K Ultra Short Throw Laser Projector
Astonishingly sharp visuals and vibrant, lifelike colors that appear to explode off the screen are made possible by the magnificent fusion of true 4K UHD with 8.3M individual pixels on screen, ALDP technology, and HDR10. You can enjoy any movie the way the filmmaker intended using Aura. Crisp highs, dramatic midranges, and adequate bass are produced by two tweeters and two woofers at 15W each.
- Supreme Laser Technology
- Large Projection from a Short Distance
- Sound by Harman Kardon
- Exceptional Brightness
- High priced
- High maintenance
Unlock a deep, immersive audio experience that fills the entire space with unique, deep tones, enhancing your ability to hear and feel more. Aura’s exceptional performance is made possible by its cutting-edge laser lighting and astoundingly deep color palette. Contrary to standard TVs, you receive a dazzling color display, years of steady brightness, diffused illumination without a loss in picture quality, and, most importantly, a watching experience that will never be the same.
Aura brilliantly lights your movies, TV shows, and video games with superb quality, with a dazzling bright 2400 ANSI lumens. Your material remains extraordinarily bright and sharp even during the day or with the lights on. The space-saving arrangement of Aura keeps your house looking modern. Enjoy immersive 3D entertainment in stunning 4K at any angle while projecting onto any wall to create a luxurious 150-inch theater screen.
|Recommended Uses For Product||Home Cinema|
|Special Feature||Ultra Short Throw|
|Screen Resolution||3840 x 2160|
Short throw projectors are easily defined. A projector is said to have a short throw if it can display an image of 100″ at a distance of fewer than 9 feet or 3 meters. Regular throw projectors are those that require more than 9 feet or 3 meters to deliver an image that is 100″ in size. Throw distance is classified in this way, although the throw ratio is another consideration. The throw distance divided by the picture size results in that. Or, to put it another way, how much space is required for each foot of the screen? The typical throw ratio for projectors used to be 2; however, more recent versions can do better.
Check out our article on the different lists of projectors to choose from, best 3-D projectors, best laser projectors, and so much more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a short-throw projector worth it?
An extremely short throw projector’s key benefit is that it doesn’t need a lot of room behind the screen. They are, therefore, perfect for usage in tiny spaces with limited space for putting up projection equipment.
What screen is best for a short-throw projector?
Because of its exquisite features and superior image quality, Akia Screens CLR and ALR Projector Screen is the perfect screen for ultra-short-throw projectors.
Which is a better short throw or long throw projector?
Because less processing is needed to generate the image, long-throw projectors are less costly than short-throw alternatives. These projectors also frequently exhibit more stability, producing high-quality images from a variety of surfaces, including rough and uneven ones.
How far away does a short-throw projector need to be?
The term “short-throw projection” often refers to a projection distance of 3 to 8 feet between the projector and the screen.
Do you need a dark room for a short-throw projector?
Many projectors have the drawback of only functioning in dimly lit spaces. They are unable to emit enough light to outperform the room’s ambient light. However, the same issue is not present with ultra-short throw projectors. Even in well-lit spaces, they can project brilliant, crisp pictures onto the display surface.